Saturday 29 June 2013

To-do list- Is it checked or unchecked?* /Life Logos


 
Helllo Lovies ^__^

                 
Im Sitting here in my comfy clothes with a packet of onion rings and a couple of penny sweets from the corner shop. Don't judge me -__-
Ive been so busy these couple of months with exams and my house getting done err'ting's  been so hectic. But now its Sunday and I’ve really been wanting to write this blog for ages, but I’ve been 'busy'. So know I’ve grabbed by life by its dinosaur's and got on with this blog.
 
So as you can see by the title, this is a blog about my To-do list. Im going to own up about all the things on my To-do list which are checked or unchecked.
 
Alrighty so... Oldest to the most recent ones.
 


1)      When I was about 12 I have a vivid memory of me and my Mummy sitting at the dinning table in the kitchen discussing Nintendo games. I remember saying to my Mom that there were no Islamic Nintendo games out there. That was a gap in the market (so D.T does come to use in real life haha) Then we were like ‘Oh WOW we should  design an Islamic game. I remember we were saying that there should be a character in the game who you can choose if they are a muslim or not. The character would need to pray (when they heard the athaan from the local mosque) or pray in the mosque to gain extra bonus points. Obviously my Mum knew I would never be able to REALLY make the game, but nonetheless she still thoroughly discussed the details of it with me.




2)      Right so the second oldest thing on my To-do list is about my diary. For about two years now I’ve kept a diary over the years. Not like the soppy typical teenage girls who would write about really cliché things. HELL NAW! The main intention I have when I write an entry is to make it as detailed as possible, so when I look back at it I can vividly recall the event I was talking about. InshaAllah I really want to keep this Journal FOREVER just to see the memories that I have collected through my life. Another thing which make this Journal so special is that it’s one of those boring yearly journals. It is actually a 1998 journal ironically, so my older sisters were about 5/6 then. My Mum used to also write diary entries in there (but towards the back of the journal) she wrote about when my sisters were small and what they used to do and what their teachers said about them in their nurseries. It’s the small things like that, that feel so special when you read over them. So this diary being so special but looking so boring, was just calling to me to do something. So what I wanted to do was cover the diary in some sort of fabric and sew it on. But obviously I STILL haven’t done it.
                                                               

3)      Well we started on two failures, but the next one is successful (I hope).  The next thing on my To-do list was to start a blog. I read a few other blogs around and really wanted to write my own. One reason I was really unsure about starting this blog was because of my sisters. They had been reading someone's blog and both of them just could not stop saying how stupid she was for wasting so much time on it. So when I started the blog they actually see how much time it take to plan and blog and then to actually write it out. But the hardest thing that I would say is making it successful. That’s why I really would like to know if you guys to enjoy what I post and if not...BANG hit me with constructive criticism. But Alhamdulillah I have started it and some people have read it and liked it. I’m not sure if they are saying that to be polite being honest.

                       

4)      Okey dokey that leads me onto my fourth crazy idea. When I was a like 12,13 I used to do these little fashion sketches. It would mostly be of like clothes-dresses, tops etc Anyway what I wanted to do was to either make these sketches myself (but I don’t even know how to switch a sewing machine on haha) or to get them made by someone. I still really want to do this, its one of the things I REALLY want to complete!  But as I said I don’t even know how to work a sewing machine but I really want to make these designs come to life. A little like the image below, its not mine but that's what I want to do. Sketch the dress then InshAllah some day sew it. When ever were driving around and I see a fabric store I always look in to check out the fabrics and see how I could use them. InshAllah I'm going to go fabric shopping soon and try to teach myself to use a sewing machine. So this leads onto my 4th unchecked to-do.





5)      ALrighty moving on to point quartos. This is again one of the crazy ideas my family knows I come up with. I actually remember their expression. It was like ‘Urghh she’s got ANOTHER crazy idea’. To (lame I know, I know)  make my own hijabs. And when I say make I mean choose the fabric and to decorate it. Eg.with lino blocks. I was really excited about this idea I ordered an awesome book which tells you all about how to design your own fabrics and enhance them... lah did a da. But I purchased any lino block or any fabric paint. I think I’ve been asking my sister to get them for me for about five months now but here I am.... Completely lino block, paint and fabric less.

                                                          



6)                 Now. The last thing on my to-do is to complete almost every thing in this blog post then InshAllah write a blog about it. It will be a good way of recording my progress and also a really fun thing to write about and to read about hopefully. I hope I can get everything done, of course except for the Ds game:/ Hah that wont be happening any time soon or at any time at all. I will write a post separately about each of my completions. I hope I'm able to learn how to sew in a few weeks time and confidently. Looking at some of the designers out there I don't think ill even reach their level. A gorgeous example of one of the designers who's designs inspire me so much and are absolutely beautiful is Rima Tadmory. Her style is so unique and the detail on her work is just amazing. Like the dress she designed, made and wore to meet Prince Charles was one of my favourites'. The detail in it was just crazy!








I love the way the dress turned out the precision with which the dress was made is clearly evident in the result. InshAllah I'll be able to make my designs almost as beautiful and unique as Rima Tadmory's one day...








P.s- do you see the * it means the poast is a tag. I made this one myself so any bloggers feel free to use.
P.s.s- I would really love to hear you feedback on my posts. So hit me with thought and suggestions or criticism. But If your a lazy bum and can't be bothered to make a blogger just to comment then let me know on my instagram: _0_anayah
P.s.s.s - Ramadans' almost here 'whoop whoop' so Mabrook in advance. Have a blessed and peaceful Ramadan.
P.s.s.s (last'.s' I promise)- None of the photos are mine.


Byeeee Lovvies
XoX







3 comments :

  1. Wow!! You are such a good blogger mashaAllah. And in sha Allah you will be able to complete most if not all the stuff on your to do list :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww mashallah that was an awesome blogg keep up the good work I also read your halal confectionery sweets blogg there both really good I hope you can be able to make more of these blogs as I thurily enjoyed reading them :)

    ReplyDelete

Anayah